Stubben Butterfly Bit
Stubben Butterfly Bit
2 in 1 Bit - with Soft or Strong Option
A bit that offers two impact levels in one bit by simply switching the sides of the bit. The Stubben 2in1 Butterfly Snaffle Bit is especially suitable for jumping as it has enhanced impact, control and helps support the horses in tight turns.
- Mouthpiece Thickness: 16 mm
- Cheeks: 14 cm - 5 1/2"
- SWEET Copper link with stainless steel cheeks
- Stubben Product code: 2293
The Stubben 2 in 1 Butterfly Snaffle Bit offers two impact levels in one bit by simply switching the sides of the bit. Details at below.
Function: Specially suitable for jumping as it has enhanced impact and control and helps support the horses in tight turns.
- A popular selling bit with jumping enthusiasts, the butterfly bit may also be recognised as an "Elevator" bit.
- This bit gives control for jumping without resorting to a stronger or severe bit.
- Often the answer for an over enthusiastic horse, providing "soft" bitting option for a sensitive mouthed horse or "strong" option as the next step.
- Promotes extra control and assistance with turning, suitable for SJ or XC.
- Very beneficial for horses that are strong, that snatch or lean.
- If the reins are fixed on the centre ring, the effect is similar to the one of a Baucher bit mostly acting on the horse’s mouth and putting only slight pressure on the neck.
- If the reins are fixed on the lower ring, the lever action is intensified. The bit then acts similar to a 3-ring gag. However, the pressure is distributed more evenly on the horse’s mouth and neck so the horse accepts this bit more easily.
- Has option to use pelham roundings, and can also be used with a curb strap from the top rings to increase the effectiveness of the bit, and the "head lowering" action through the curb pressure. Pelham roundings also sold by The Bit Emporium.
1 Bit - 2 impact levels
The new 2 in 1 bit offers two additional impact levels in the horse’s mouth by simply switching the sides of the bit.
1. If you buckle the more angular side of the bit towards the horse’s tongue, the pressure occurs more selectively.
2. If you buckle the round side towards the horse’s tongue, you have a softer impact.
If the sign + is visible on the mounting side, the more effective side is in use. If you cannot see the + sign from the mounting side, the softer side is in use.
Changing the buckling from time to time prevents a desensitization of the horse’s mouth.
Benefits of SWEET Copper Link:
• Better acceptance
• Pleasant sweet taste of the middle piece
• Encourages chewing and salivation
• Solid copper composition (90% Copper, 7% Iron Aluminum, no Nickel) with very high strength
• Horses feel good with SWEET Copper
Stübben STEELtec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer